2018 Goals and UFOs To-Be-Finished List
Several bloggers that I follow have been posting goals for next year. Of course, most of them include a recap of their progress on their 2017 goals. We weren’t here as a blog last year and I never thought about making a list of quilting goals until just recently. Yvonne at Quilting JETgirl is hosting a 2018 Planning Party that I would like to participate in.
- Participate in a blog hop or two (February for sure and hopefully the next Virtual Cookie Exchange in 2018!)
- I would like to continue to post blog messages 4-6 times per week
- Regatta Quilt sew along starts January 1st and I hope to have it wrapped up in the first quarter
- Start the Mystery Quilt Along January 1st hosted by Cindy and Tracy – this has to be finished by March 31st
- I shared a post just last week of the four kits I purchased from Craftsy. I would love to finish all four of those
- The Postcard from Sweden quilt for my bed is going to be started and finished this year!
- Get more comfortable using rulers and FMQ
I am also going to join Quilting Gail to complete my PHD (projects half done) certificate! It won’t compare with Sue’s actual PhD by any means, but it will help us to get these 12 projects complete. To join in, the rules are simple: 1) you must finish half your UFOs or a minimum of 12; 2) every project started in 2018 must be finished unless it carries into 2019 like a BOM; and 3) you must post two pictures – one unfinished and one of the completed project. Here is the list of our 12 UFOs with links showing the unfinished project or photos.
UFOs – 2018 Wrap Ups
- Dr Seuss commission quilt – add sashing, borders, quilt and bind for our friend Keri
- Quilt and bind the nine-patch Evening Star
- The second Animal Panel baby quilt needs to be quilted and then bound
- Quilt and bind Garden Gate
- Quilt and bind Love Quilt for Valentine’s Day blog hop
- Finish Grandma’s Kitchen QAL quilt (only 20 blocks) – add sashing/borders, quilt and bind
- Determine the layout and finish the I Wish You A Merry QAL quilt (only 9 blocks) – add sashing or additional blocks, quilt and bind
- Finish sewing sashing and borders, quilt and bind the ABC quilt (on the left – the right one is completely finished)
- Here is a hard one – finish up the jigsaw puzzle baby quilt with lots of appliqué pieces that need to be finished, border added, quilted and bound
- Finish the Delectable Dogsleds table runner that we purchased at a quilt shop in Juneau, Alaska a few (2011?) years ago
- Figure out what we were going to do with these four four-squares of Fall Leaves that we bought the fabric for in Las Vegas I don’t even know when. I still like the fabric anyway!
- I was hand quilting these panels – I think there are three of them – for a jacket. The fabric is lined with flannel, and the backing is peach. My tastes have changed since then – so I need to do something else with these. Maybe just small baby quilts??
UFOs – Possible Finishes?
I would be very happy to have these 12 UFOs of PHDs finished by the end of 2018. It’s not as lofty of a goal as Gail’s 28 projects to-be-completed. Number 9 above only has about three of the light-bulb-shaped pieces appliquéd so there is a LOT to be finished on it.
It is not too late to join either of these two link-ups, if you are interested. As always, I welcome your thoughts or comments on any of these goals or projects.
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your latest project there! We love to see them. ~smile~