2018 Goals Update – Making Progress
At the end of 2017, exactly four weeks ago today, I posted a message including our 2018 goals for the blog. Included were also 12 UFOs that we will concentrate on finishing up during this year. Here is a list of those goals:
- Join the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers mentorship blog hop
- Participate in a blog hop or two (February for sure and hopefully the next Virtual Cookie Exchange in 2018!)
- I would like to continue to post blog messages 4-6 times per week
- Regatta Quilt sew along starts January 1st and I hope to have it wrapped up in the first quarter
- Start the Mystery Quilt Along January 1st hosted by Cindy and Tracy – this has to be finished by March 31st
- I shared a post just last week of the four kits I purchased from Craftsy. I would love to finish all four of those
- The Postcard from Sweden quilt for my bed is going to be started and finished this year!
- Get more comfortable using rulers and FMQ
Registration for this opens on February 1st, and I am champing at the bit. The mentor bloggers are all so great and I admire them already, and I know they will offer awesome help and suggestions. On track to complete this first quarter.
We are participating in our first blog hop in February. Goal #1 may be a blog hop of sorts, but I consider it a different kind. On track to be 50% complete this first quarter.
I do not foresee this changing unless the mentors suggest something different. As long as I have something to say, and it has value . . . I’ll keep posting. On track but cannot be measured until the end of the year.
Section A or six strips are together for the Regatta. We are not burning up the sewing machine by working on this so quickly, but then again there isn’t a deadline. On track to possibly meet this goal.
This is in our weekly goals to begin construction on this mystery item. On track to meet this goal.
We haven’t even looked at or opened these kits. HAHA! I have NO idea if this goal might be met or not!
This has been discussed extensively. We need the design wall completely empty for this project, and we are working on that now. This goal better be met this year!
In this recent project, I have moved beyond simple straight-line quilting a bit. It isn’t FMQ or rulers though.
There is a little echo stitching going on and I tried to limit my start/stopping so that there were only two thread to bury. I am considering these two ruler options for this table runner. The first one for the sashing (white) and the second for the border (navy). The white will be a cable stitch and the navy will be a zigzag. Unless I get ambitious and stitch the zigzag twice for another mirrored or mountain-ish effect. What do you think?
I will require more practice for a marked increase in my comfort level. On track but this goal cannot be measured until the end of the year.
I plan to share another update on these goal but not until mid-year. With any luck, I will be able to say “goal met” by the 4th of July or so. What do you think? Have you made any or are you working on your goals?
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your latest project. We would love to see them!