2019 Goals Recap and 2020 Planning Party
It’s time to take a moment and reflect. Reflect on the year that is almost over, and the new year that is about to start. Turning the page on the calendar is a monthly occurrence but going to a new year often means a new chance to make some new goals and exciting plans!
2020 Planning Party
Yvonne at Quilting JETgirl is hosting a 2020 Planning Party that we would like to participate in. Here is a short recap of our goals for 2019 along with an update on each goal.
2019 Goals Recap
- Continue to participate in blog hops – we participated in three blog hops during 2019, which is less than the number we joined in 2018. We enjoy blog hops and the camaraderie found when sharing a common quilting theme
- Post blog messages about 4-6 times per week – I have been able to continue to post most weeks easily within this range. HAHA – I guess I have a lot to say of questionable value
- Launch a new sew along in January and perhaps July – the planned sew along didn’t happen mostly because I didn’t understand the EQ8 software. I may be able to conquer the paper pieced hummingbird pattern now. Since I have been following along with some online instruction it makes much more sense.
- Continue to practice and improve with FMQ – I feel much more confident in FMQ patterns. The most recent large project was the Pumpkin Quilt for baby Alice
- Participate in our first Bee Hive – one full year of eleven different new-to-us blocks. The techniques ranged from the curvy drunkard’s path to paper piecing. It was a nice experience but we will not be participating in 2020
2020 Goals Setting
- Donation quilts – Quilts of Valor, Covered in Love blocks, and Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict are some of the charities that we will donate to
- Post meaningful messages 4-6 times per week
- Continue to grow my confidence with FMQ
- Participate in blog hops – aim for four this year
- Melva’s sew along called Pieces From the Past
- Participate in the 2020 monthly color block challenge
Thank you to Yvonne for the inspiration to share our goals for the new decade. We are linking with her at Quilting Jetgirl with our 2020 Planning Party goals.
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or from our sidebar for more quilting fun. Check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your latest project there! We would love to see them. ~smile~