Bucket List Worthy – Quilting Style
I received an email today from Royal Caribbean Cruise Line. Did I ever mention I love, love, LOVE to go on cruises?! Sailing on the open sea, river or ocean, fun things to do on the ship, exciting ports to visit, unique excursions to partake in . . . what’s not to like? The subject on the email was “Bucket List Worthy Places We ♥.” I am all about loving things, so I thought it might be time to revisit the ‘ole bucket list.
I wrote an article about this earlier this year in June, and here are the highlights from that post:
Bucket List – Short-Term (blue from 6/2017; red new for this post)
- Go visit MSQC in Hamilton, MO – 12 quilt shops in one small town (!!)
- Visit Allen, OK – my niece lives there and she has a quilt shop with her mom
- Experiment more with free motion quilting – complete a baby quilt top all in free motion
- Attend a quilting retreat – those sound like great fun! (What’s not to like – sewing, food, friends and lots of laughs? Why haven’t I done one yet??)
- Master the art of ruler quilting
Of course, I will need to involve Sue in both these short- and long-term bucket list items. I’m not driving to Missouri or Oklahoma by myself. I would love to talk a few different friends into participating in a quilting retreat . . . that would be a blast.
Bucket List – Long-Term
Purchase a mid-arm sit down quilting machine
- Teach my great-niece/nephew-to-be how to sew and quilt
- Visit a quilt shop in every state . . . and some in Europe
- Get involved with valor quilts for veterans
- Find a local need for quilts – hospital, woman’s shelter, etc
- Build our Etsy shop or dismantle it
- Sail on a quilting inspired or theme cruise
This is pretty pathetic as I can barely cross off anything from either list. No visit to Missouri or Oklahoma, no quilting retreat, and only one thing from the long-term. I have experimented more with free motion quilting, as I showed on the Love You To the Moon baby quilt for Dominic. I am not confident by any means, but I really did enjoy making that little sheep have some texture as well as free-handing some stars in the background. That is staying on the list because I still want to do more, and now the whole ruler fad! Sadly, I removed the possible purchased of the beloved Juki mid-arm as I have the new Elna named Ellie. I love her and am so happy she came home to live with us!
I have been visiting quilt shops around the area as noted in my Road Trip posts. Winter is not the time to pop over to Minnesota, Iowa or any other neighboring state for some of their great shops unfortunately. Our Etsy shop did just have TWO quilt sales so I can’t give up on that yet. We are going to participate in the two week Black Friday sale event that Etsy is having, starting November 20. Maybe that will generate some traffic to the website and possibly even a sale or two. Who knows? That reminds me that I need to get more quilts listed!!
So, do I have any to add to the list? It seems like I should have one or two more by now wouldn’t you think? Well, previously mentioned ruler fad has been added with the task to become a master at it. How hard can it be to follow a ruler . . . seriously?! That’s all I’ve got to add. Do you have a bucket list of the quilting variety?
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your latest project there! We love to see them. ~smile~