Second Sew Along First Update
Our second sew along started on July 1st. This is a no stress, no deadline, no prize sew along, just for fun. Back in early June there was a vote held to determine which pattern would be chosen for the sew along. The winner was announced, and that winner was that there was a tie! So, all three patterns could be selected for this very unique sew along.
Sew Along With One of These Patterns
- Tutorial – Up From Here Modern Quilt
- Here is second Tutorial – A Snowball ‘s Chance Quilt
- Tutorial – Triangle Quilt Free Pattern
Second Sew Along Participants
- Liz Horgan – undecided but choosing between #1 and #3
- Karla from My Sewful Retirement is also deciding between #1 and #3
- Wendy from Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life is doing #1
- Shannon from The Flemings Nine made #1 in these citrus colors:
- Farmquilter Susan/Sassy is also going to make #1
- Rose from Something Rose Made has already made #1
- Susan from DesertSky Quilting is also planning to make #1
- Sandra from mmm Quilts is joining in on #1 and has her flimsy ready:
- Tish from Tish in Wonderland has made #1 in WV Mountaineers colors
- Lisa from Sunlight in Winter Quilts is contemplating fabrics for #1
- Barbara, the designer of quilt #2, has made another one for her niece ♥. She shared it on IG but I wasn’t able to share a photo
- Cherie from Cherie’s Quilting Journey is going to make #3
- Tracy from It’s a T-Sweets Day plans to make #3
- Connie may be making #1 unless she changes her mind and goes with #3
- Vasudha at Storied Quilts is also making quilt #3 from some Tula Pink fabrics
- Shirley cannot make up her mind yet but is joining in
Still Time to Join In the Sew Along
That is an impressive list for our second round of a sew along! I am very intrigued with Shannon’s idea to make 12″ blocks for her version of Up From Here. It turned out great, don’t you think?! The original pattern creates a 24″ block and you can imagine how quickly that quilt top goes together! In case you’re wondering what the first sew along was, we shared an update on all the finished Regatta quilts not too long ago. Here is our first block, one of four that will comprise our square quilt.
If you would like to join in, please just let us know in the comments. I’ll include your name in the next update.
Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!