Second Sew Along – The Fourth Update
Our second sew along has been hopping and bopping along since July 1st. This was a no stress, no deadline, no prize sew along, just for fun. A vote back in early June determined there was no clear winner as there was a tie! Sew, all three patterns were the choices for this sew along.
Sew Along With One of These Patterns
- Tutorial – Up From Here Modern Quilt
- Here is second Tutorial – A Snowball ‘s Chance Quilt
- Tutorial – Triangle Quilt Free Pattern
Here are the participants and their websites for more details:
#1 Up From Here
- Jan on Instagram made this wonderful quilt, while Karla also made a pillow to match at My Sewful Retirement
- Wendy at Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life downsized the pattern for this pillow
#2 A Snowball’s Chance
- Barbara on Instagram, is the designer of quilt #2. The new owner of her quilt is Molly, Barbara’s niece. I’m also sharing a closeup of the quilting done by Amy of Herding Cats Quilting.
#3 Triangles Quilt
- Tracy from It’s a T-Sweets Day – I just adore her sunny yellow version
- Cherie from Cherie’s Quilting Journey has started #3 – I love these colors together!!
We Have a Finish At Last!
I enjoyed this no-stress, no-hurry sew along. We worked on this project now and then. No rush. Considerable thought was given on how to quilt this project. In the end, we chose floppy feathers and a version of sand dune wavy lines for quilting. More details were shared earlier this month in Up From Here Finished.
The Last Planned Update
This is the last formal update on this sew along. That doesn’t mean I won’t be happy to share updates as projects are finished in 2019! We hope you have enjoyed the sew along, both participating and reading about it. A third sew along may start in January, 2019.
Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!