Second Sew Along – The Second Update
Our second sew along has been hopping and bopping along since July 1st. This is a no stress, no deadline, no prize sew along, just for fun. A vote back in early June determined there was no winner but there was a tie! Sew, all three patterns were the choices for this sew along.
Sew Along With One of These Patterns
- Tutorial – Up From Here Modern Quilt
- Here is second Tutorial – A Snowball ‘s Chance Quilt
- Tutorial – Triangle Quilt Free Pattern
Second Sew Along Participants
We were very lucky to have quite a few participants raise their hand to play along! Here they are along with their pattern choice:
- Liz Horgan – undecided but choosing between #1 and #3 (I think she told me #1 but I can’t find that message)
- Jan on Instagram is going to make #1
- Karla from My Sewful Retirement is also deciding between #1 and #3
- Wendy from Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life is doing #1
- Farmquilter Susan/Sassy is also going to make #1
- Susan from DesertSky Quilting is also planning to make #1
- Lisa from Sunlight in Winter Quilts is contemplating fabrics for #1
- Cherie from Cherie’s Quilting Journey is going to make #3
- Tracy from It’s a T-Sweets Day plans to make #3
- Connie may be making #1 unless she changes her mind and goes with #3
- Vasudha at Storied Quilts is also making quilt #3 from some Tula Pink fabrics
- Shirley cannot make up her mind yet but is joining in
Sew Along Finishes
Please take a few minutes and read the finishing stories – you won’t be sorry. How did they come up with these names, and how did they quilt these beautiful quilts?!! Some fabulous tips are shared – I am going to use Sandra’s pre-quilting idea for sure.
#1 Up From Here
#2 A Snowball’s Chance
- Barbara is the designer of quilt #2 (how impressive is that?!). The new owner is Molly, Barbara’s niece. Also a close of the quilting done by Amy of Herding Cats Quilting.
#3 Triangles Quilt
No finishes yet!
Would You Like to Join In the Sew Along
There is still time to join us if you’d like; just leave a comment. Since there’s no deadline, anyone can jump in whenever! In case you’re wondering what the first sew along was, we shared an update on all the finished Regatta quilts at the end of June. We are choosing between these three layouts for our quilt:
This is on the to-do list now so that we will have a flimsy shortly. Those polka dots just make me smile!
Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!