T-shirt Demolition Continues
We continue the journey of making our first t-shirt quilt. A good friend, Pat, asked us if we would take her beloved dive t-shirts and make them into a usable quilt. Toward that end, we started cutting them up – scary! The pieces are not to size yet but rather just to get rid of the extra bulk.
T-shirt Demolition Measuring
Next we (Sue) measured and recorded each design. I took those measurements and cut out small pieces from graph paper. This was the recommendation of Kate from Katie Mae Quilts. She suggested using 1/10 graph paper and I gave it a try. Thank you Kate!
Last week in Demise of a T-Shirt – Step 2, we shared Dawn’s technique for determining the layout of her t-shirt quilt. Dawn also uses a smaller scale to represent the t-shirts and works with those pieces to determine the layout. We used a combination of Dawn’s and Kate’s method with small pieces of paper to play around with a layout. The small pieces sure makes it easy to move them around! (Edited and corrected to reflect Dawn’s correct method!)
This may still be tweaked a bit. We need to give some consideration to the colors in all the shirts. That will be out next step along with determining some sashing color suggestions for Pat to consider.
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun or on the sidebar of our website – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your likes/loves there! We love to see them. ~smile~