To-Do Tuesday #66 and Weekly List Update
Join us for the 65th linky party post and the 185th weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. We had 31 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of November 3rd through 9th:
- Finish making the International Sister blocks – √ Done
- Layer one of the OMG projects – √ Done
- Finish the light blue nine-patch blocks – √ Done
The International Sister blocks are ALL done. We ended up with 26 sisters all fun-filled and ready to inspire. We’ve been playing around with a layout and making a move about here and there. This may or may not be the FINAL decision because honestly, I don’t know or remember.
You might note that we’re using only 17 of the 26 blocks we have prepared. More about that later, gator. We have to have a little suspense, right?! It’s not like we haven’t been on pins and needles wondering how the election is going to end up. I promise a full reveal and details on Sunday, November 22nd. Stay tuned or a giveaway and another possible surprise.
A sneak peek or two was shared on Instagram on Saturday, showing that not only was one of the two table runners layered but a quilting line had begun as well.
A little later I shared my new nifty quilting gloves that I received for my birthday from my bestie. They’re the nice, white, clean ones in case you didn’t notice the brightness in the right photo. If you are observant you’ll also notice that more quilting was completed beyond the first slightly crooked line.
The light-blue batik nine-patch blocks are also all complete.
We Sue popped those puppies on the design wall and had a pleasing layout in no time. Since the Sister were our focus for the week, hence the #1 spot on the list, the nin-patches had to come down quickly. That, of course, meant that we forgot to take a picture of the layout. All the better! That way when I make individual design choices (switching rows about willy nilly) no one will be the wiser.
This is our highly sophisticated system of keeping our rows in order. Sometimes the system works well, while other times not so much. HAHA!
This month I am shooting for a two-fer. Two table runners completely quilted and finished. That includes finding a backing, layering, and quilting times two. We will finish the last snowman runner (#2 above!) and the Alaska Postcard runner mentioned above. We will also link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.
To-Do for the week of November 10th through 16th:
- Decide on fabric for setting triangles for International Sister blocks
- Determine project for Virtual Cookie hop on December 1st
- Finish quilting Snowman runner and add binding
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!