To-Do Tuesday #68 and Weekly List Update
Join us for the 68th linky party post and the 188th weekly To-Do Tuesday list and update. We had 25 friends link up last week! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of November 17th through 23rd:
- Get the Sister blocks into a quilt top!! The giveaway started Sunday – √ done
- Start working on the top-secret Virtual Cookie project – √ done
- Seriously determine the Alaska Postcard quilting design – √ done
The setting triangles have been added in a soft gray solid fabric that does its job so nicely as a supporting background team member. We tossed around adding a border or two but in the end, decided against it. The Sisterhood quilt needs a backing fabric suitably perfect and then it will be layered and quilted. Check out Sunday’s post for more details and pictures of all 17 International Sister blocks.
One week from today, on December 1st, we will be participating in the Virtual Cookie Exchange Blog Hop. This is one of our favorite events that we’ve participated in thanks to Carol at Just Let Me Quilt. This year we’ve been working on a special project that was to delight all six of our great-nieces and -nephews on Christmas Eve. It remains to be seen if we will be able to gather, but said project will be gracing our table for sure. All will be revealed next week on the first day of the hop!
Gosh, someday I’d like to approach a quilting project without hesitation. Rarely do I have a quilting design in mind prior to the end of the piecing of a quilt top. For the Alaska Postcard table runner, I could picture some straight-line ruler work around each of the cards.
I needed to pull out my plexiglass clear board and dry erase marker to test out my thoughts. If I could make it continuous lines, too, that would be all the better. Sue said the idea on the left was okay but why not just crosshatch this piece?! Well, that is another option . . .
This month we are shooting for a two-fer. Two table runners completely quilted and finished. That includes finding a backing, layering, and quilting times two. We will finish the last snowman runner and the Alaska Postcard runner. We will also link up with Patty at Elm Street Quilts.
To-Do for the week of November 24th through 30th:
- Decide and finish quilting the Alaska Postcard runner
- Sew the Maple Leaf block
- Start sewing the rows together for the Light Blue baby quilt
- Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Here is the link for To-Do Tuesday Linky Party!
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
♥ ♥ ♥
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!