To-Do Tuesday Edition #16
Here is our 16th edition of our to-do list. We should have gotten everything completed; I had five days off to accomplish it all!
To-Do Tuesday for the week July 25th – July 31st:
- Sew block #5 in the QAL – √ done
- Continue work on the pinwheel rail fence – √ done
- Decide on the layout for the mystery baby quilt – chevron it is – √ done
- Give the animal quilt some loving attention – √ done
- Take pictures of the color palette for Janice’s table topper and placemats –√ done
Here is the fifth block in the Pat Sloan’s quilt along called Grandma’s Kitchen. Picking out the fabrics for this block was tough this week. We just couldn’t find our mojo. Here is the outcome after a full 24 hours of deliberating:
The pinwheel rail fence quilt has ten rows together. That is more than the half way point! I have still been sewing the strip sets. They seem never ending. Here’s a little update – darn that lightest blue still doesn’t show up well:
The mystery baby quilt is finished. I hope to share all the details soon, once the mom-to-be has received the gift. ~smile~
We decided on the layout for the animal quilt. It will be similar to the Clark quilt, with all the action happening in the center surrounded by three borders. We are using all the fabrics we picked up in Effingham at The Wooden Spool.
The absolutely easiest task for the week and we did complete it. We measured the table, and she would like a 19″ x 19″ topper. Then we’re going to design a matching 11″ x 48″ runner for the breakfast bar. We have a paint chip to match the grays to; that will make it easier! Any recommendations? We’d welcome any suggestions . . .
To-Do Tuesday starting August 1st:
- Continue work on the pinwheel rail fence
- Start the animal quilt for T&J
- Start a new project – still in negotiation on what moves up the list 😉
- Sew block #6 in the QAL and start a new Christmas QAL – sneak peek at the fabrics:
Doesn’t that look pretty?!! It’s not too late . . . it just starts today on Facebook. ~smile~ I’ll give you an update on these projects next Tuesday, August 8th. OMG – it’s almost back-to-school time.
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun. Check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your GK blocks or whatever you’re working on!