To-Do Tuesday Edition #20
Wowee! Here is our 20th edition of our to-do list that runs each week from Tuesday to Monday. Let’s see how we did last week . . .
To-Do Tuesday for the week August 22nd through August 28th
- Sew block #9 in the Grandma’s Kitchen QAL – √ done
- Quilt Love You to the Moon baby quilt – √ started
- Quilt the Confetti quilt – √ started
- Quilt and bind Sissy’s table topper and runner – √ done
- Start sewing a princess baby quilt – √ started
Well, after a rough day at work and a rougher drive home, the Grandma’s Kitchen block #9 was a dream to put together. Thank you quilting Gods and Sue! ~smile~ This block is called the Kitchen Window:
I started quilting the cute panel Love You to the Moon and Back for Baby J. His/her grandma that we are making it for loves yellow and I think loves this little quilt. I have to smile as I am outlining the stars and moon. I took Ellen’s advice and used a light thread – a pale yellow by Aurifil. I’m still not sure what to do after I get everything outlined but I’ll cross that bridge . . . when I come to it. Later.
I started quilting the Confetti quilt using a grid, straight-line pattern. I really couldn’t go any other way with it since it is so lineal. I used red thread – the yellow was too pale, the turquoise wasn’t it the fabric, and the green didn’t match. So, red was the winner!
Well, I shared the table topper with you last week. It was easy and fun to quilt, and it looks nice on her table en pointe. Now her table runner is also complete:
While we are awaiting the birth of a little prince or princess, we decided to start a princess quilt. We are going to try something new with this quilt. We are going to embroider and quilt this baby quilt. I got the first row sewn together . . . ~smile~
To-Do Tuesday starting August 29th: (good thing it’s a holiday weekend!)
- Baby J watch – due week!! Care to take a guess – boy or girl??
- Sew block #10 in the Grandma’s Kitchen QAL
- Sew block #3 and #4 in the I Wish You A Merry QAL
- Get my tooth fixed – hopefully I’ll feel like sewing
- Continue on the princess quilt
- Finish up Confetti quilting and binding
- Start on donation microwave cozies
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun- check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!