To-Do Tuesday Edition #7
This week’s to-do edition included a nice long weekend to get something accomplished. Did we use it wisely?
To-Do Tuesday for the week of May 23rd – 29th:
- Start sewing strips for the outside panels of the blue/gray quilt √ technically finished
- Finish sashing on ABC blocks; sew rows and borders on √ all finished 🙂
- Machine quilt Finding Nemo √ all finished 🙂
- Complete all the appliqué pieces for the baby quilt √
- Sew binding on the gray polka dot quilt √ all finished 🙂
- Find fabric for the Cubs quilt – HAHA – we didn’t even look!
The fourth column is still giving me grief on the blue/gray quilt. I have measured each block and they all measure the same. My plan is to pin the center block and then each end to figure why this doesn’t fit. It’s driving me nuts! The outside panels strips are ready to go but since the middle is still on pause, there isn’t a calling for them yet.
The sashings are all on, and the rows are together. The border is also on! We need to layer it up for quilting. Sue is going to hand quilt this piece in her spare time.
Finding Nemo is complete! It has been quilted and bound. I think this is an Etsy quilt as we don’t have a need for it right now. It seems like we go in spurts on baby quilts.
All the appliqué pieces have been blanket stitched down. It turns out that the iron-on mesh was not iron-on at all. Does that stuff stop working after a while?? All our careful turning and whatnot was for naught. When we tried ironing to the background fabric nothing stuck. Grrr. That, however, was just a minor setback. Old school pins worked great. I added the strings for the balloons and the borders. Mom- and Dad-to-be gave their approval. Time for quilting. ~smile~
Not only is the binding on, but the quilt is complete. You can see all the details in this post Gray Polka Dot Quilt Finished which was shared last Thursday. It feels great to have one of the baby’s quilts done. At least one more to go . . . ~smile~
To-Do Tuesday for the week starting May 30th:
- Figure out the blue/gray quilt center column issue
- Eagle hoodie memory pillow
- Start hand quilting ABC hanging
- Start machine quilting elephant quilt
- Find fabric for the Cubs quilt
- Another spiral quilt (Rainy Day fabric), confetti quilt, and disappearing 9-patch
- Start a new baby quilt . . . with a tutorial . . . here’s a sneak peak of the fabric we found in our stash that I forgot all about: