To-Do Tuesday Linky #18 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 18th linky party post and the 138th edition of the weekly to-do list. Thank you to everyone who linked up with us last week.
To-Do for the week of December 3rd through 9th:
- Work on the December monthly color block – √ done
- Study with Andrea for her last nursing test – √ done
- Coming up: we are hosting TGIFF on the 20th – √ done
I was pretty easy on us this week mostly because of item number two.
A pretty, deep purple fabric with polka dots is our choice for the last monthly challenge block. Jen at Patterns by Jen has released a block each month this year and we have faithfully followed along. I mentioned this earlier, but while purple is not a favorite color of mine I love it because it reminds me of my mother, Violet. The pattern is free until the end of December 2019 if you would like to make your own.
Woot woot!! Is anyone ready to congratulate the first RN in our family?! We are! Andrea joins the ranks of several of her friends and a good friend of ours, Carol Melster. The nursing profession is not something either Sue or I could do. I’m a germaphobe of sorts so I cannot even imagine working with sick people all.the.time. God bless those that will because we all need RNs in our lives. The official pinning ceremony is tonight – we are so proud of all of Andrea and all of her hard work to achieve this goal. I’ll share a photo of the freshly pinned girl on Thursday. ♥
Thank you to many of you who said a prayer for our girl. I know they worked to help calm her nerves and concentrate on the information she knew.
We’ll be hosting Thank Goodness It’s Finish Friday in just nine/ten mere days. It is technically a Friday post but it has to post sometime on Thursday afternoon/evening here in the Central Time Zone. I hope you consider joining in with a finish or a near-finish plus to check out the other link participants.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her linky party which opened on December 1st. This month we’ll be finishing a quilt top using all of the monthly color blocks. These are just nine of the 12 blocks that will make up the quilt top with sashing.
To-Do for the week of December 10th through 16th:
- Attend the Nursing Pinning Ceremony for Andrea
- Start cutting the sashing and cornerstone pieces for the monthly color blocks
- Find some modern fabric for a Kansas Star block sampler sew-along
- Wrap up the squirrel project of the hexagon snowman table topper
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool (but don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway)
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link!
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!