To-Do Tuesday Linky #40 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 40th linky party post and the 160th weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off,” wrote Gladys Taber.
To-Do for the week of May 5th through 11th:
- Add sashing strips to Animal ABCs – √ done
- Continue quilting hexagon quilt – √ done
- Sue is hand quilting the May OMG project – √ done
A few days ago we started a new charm pack baby quilt project. Sue let me choose any charm pack from stash and away I went. Technically, I needed white sashing strips cut as well so Sue helped me out. As a leader/ender project, this is rocking it. Now it’s time to work some magic on these pretties.
The hexagon baby quilt is a gift for Sue’s boss. Originally, we thought the baby was going to be a birthday buddy for Sue since it was due in June. Now, however, the baby decided it wanted its own month as the due date has been moved up to May. Therefore, I need to get back to quilting this beauty. I marked where I left off with a pin – in theory, I should be able to resume quite easily.
As mentioned when our May OMG project was selected, it has been a while since this quilt has seen the light of day. You might even say it’s been a long time. While hand quilting this piece, Sue is using a paper template in the shape of a whale. She holds it in place with a pin or two and then moves it along as she completes an area.
Sue stitches in the ditch around the nine-patch blocks as well as the open block. The cute whale shape is added with alternating directions row-by-row.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her linky party. We plan to hand quilt and add binding to a dark blue batik baby quilt for our May OMG project.
To-Do for the week of May 12th through 18th:
- Complete quilting on hexagon baby quilt
- Begin trimming the ABC charm blocks
- Start sewing the t-shirt quilt
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link!
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!