To-Do Tuesday Linky #42 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 42nd linky party post and the 162nd weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off,” wrote Gladys Taber.
To-Do for the week of May 19th through 25th:
- Make significant progress on the t-shirt quilt – √ done
- Sew the wonky blocks into quilt rows – √ done
- Continue applique on the Easter topper – not done
I would say that getting all the t-shirts sewn into a quilt top is significant progress, wouldn’t you? Happily enough, some quality time on Saturday allowed us to get the issue with row one wrapped up. After some seam ripping the sewing continued. We have ordered a pretty backing and once it arrives I’ll get to quilting.
The wonky blocks have been sewn into rows but the rows are not a quilt top quite yet. The littles stopped in for a Memorial Day visit and there was no sewing after that. This may be the layout we chose for the blocks – I cannot recall if we switched anything around or not!
Motivation to work on the Easter topper was greatly lacking. Next Easter is a LONG ways off . . . no real rush for this piece, right?!
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her linky party each month. Our May project was to finish hand quilting this dark blue batik baby quilt. Here’s a reminder of the quilt with sweet pea, baby Colt laying on it.
To-Do for the week of May 26th through June 1st:
- Determine the June OMG project
- Pick out fabrics for Iris Ann’s baby quilt
- Something – anything else!
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link!
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!