To-Do Tuesday Linky #47 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 47th linky party post and the 167th weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off,” wrote Gladys Taber.
To-Do for the week of June 23rd through 29th:
- Go into the office for the first time – √ done
- Continue appliqueing truck blocks – √ done
- Add binding to the Autumn Leaf quilt – √ done
Back into the office for one day, and I have to say it felt a wee bit odd. I haven’t returned since I left on March 16th, taking only a few file folders with me. Never in my wildest dreams did I really believe it would be over three months before I had a temporary return. It’s too early to say what this Fall and the new school year will look like, but I have mixed emotions and anxiety. I miss my work peeps and routines but I value good health and don’t want to get the virus or carry/pass it on.
I got a whole lot of work completed – things that I just couldn’t do from home. New hires processed, evaluations filed, and my boss and I broke the postage machine – it takes a true knack to accomplish that! I may be going back now and then in July as well but only for things that cannot be accomplished online (from home).
Sure enough, appliqueing the 15 blocks needed for Dominic’s big boy bed quilt has begun. We are using all the primary colors along with others to make it bright and happy looking. Here is the reverse side of one of the dump trucks! We are trying to get this to the quilt top stage as a second-quarter finish-along goal . . .
By the end of the weekend (Sunday night), we had a quilt top! Woot woot!
The Fall autumn leaf baby quilt is finished and it received its own post just yesterday since it was a two-year project. Some after washing, nice and crinkly photos can be shared again here though. You can easily see some of Sue’s leaf motifs.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. Patty will open her linky party tomorrow and we need to set a goal for July. It’s also the start of the third quarter! We will have to sew and quilt Iris Ann’s baby quilt based on this inspiration photo because Iris is due to arrive in September.
To-Do for the week of June 30th through July 6th:
- Get fabric selected for Iris Ann’s baby quilt
- Sew the Friendship block for Melva’s sew-along
- Have a happy and safe 4th of July – you do so, too, please!
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and hopefully finding some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!