To-Do Tuesday Linky #48 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 48th linky party post and the 168th weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of June 30th through July 6th:
- Choose fabrics for Iris Ann’s baby quilt – √ done
- Sew the Friendship block – √ done
- Have a happy and safe 4th of July – √ done
Boy howdy, this little quilt took a lot of math to figure out the layout. Fortunately, Sue took charge of that while I went to map it out in EQ8. Ten columns by seven rows with a few more of the pink fabric being highlighted. Pink, black, white, cream (which looks yellow), medium gray, and light gray are the solid fabrics that will appear in this baby quilt. Now we can get down to business – we had to order the pink fabric!
Sewing on the Friendship block for Melva’s Pieces of the Past sew-along happened. This was such a fun block to make – there’s still time and directions are on Melva’s website. Although it looks black in this photo, it is actually a dark green.
So yeah, we didn’t do much for the 4th of July. No official fireworks or parade but I am still thankful to be an American and live in the USA. I threw a few ribeyes on the barbie and we called it a day. The forecast is for hot, hot, and more hot weather but then it is July in the northern hemisphere. What would we expect?!! Our neighbors in our subdivision hosted some fireworks . . . until 2 a.m.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. Our goal this month is to design, sew, quilt, and bind a half-rectangle-triangle baby quilt for a coworker. It turns out it makes a difference which way you draw the sewing line. Go figure!
To-Do for the week of July 7th through 13th:
- Cut the fabrics for Iris Ann – start sewing the HRTs
- Sew a table runner or two using flowered fabrics
- Start to trace the next panel for Salem Witches
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and hopefully finding some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!