To-Do Tuesday Linky #49 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 49th linky party post and the 169th weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of July 7th through 13th:
- Cut the fabrics for Iris Ann – start sewing the HRTs – √ done
- Sew a table runner or two with flowered fabrics – √ done
- Start tracing the third panel for Salem Witches embroidery – √ done
Yes! All the HRTs have been sewed together and found their way to the design wall. We are loving the look of this piece and the subtle differences between the white, cream, and light gray. The baby pink pops and the darker gray and black really provide an anchor.
Sewing some flowered fabrics into a table runner has been an in-between project. It seems like we were making a very similar project last summer when we received a bunch of these fabrics from my cousin’s friend. While neither one of us are big fans of floral prints we are digging this runner-to-be.
Sue has been slaving away over the lightbox, tracing the third panel for the Salem Witches embroidery project. She will start coloring and then will add a muslin piece on the back before she starts the embroidery. It won’t be long and we’ll have a quilt top!
We started working on the ninth block that Melva has released in her Pieces From the Past sew-along. It’s a paper pieced block and thanks to my friend, Mary, I am more comfortable at tackling PPing without terror. This block is called The Dragon Fly and we are really digging these fabrics.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. We are focusing on finishing Iris Ann’s baby quilt. Our goal includes designing the quilt top, quilting it, and adding an embroidered name on the backing.
To-Do for the week of July 14th through 20th:
- Sew the rows together for Iris Ann’s baby quilt
- Quilt one of the flowered table runners
- Start embroidery on the Salem Witches panel number three
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and hopefully finding some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!