To-Do Tuesday Linky #50 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 50th linky party post and the 170th weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. We had 29 friends join in! Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of July 14th through 20th:
- Sew the rows together on the Iris Ann baby quilt – √ done
- Quilt one of the flowered table runners – √ done
- Start embroidery on the Salem Witches panel number three – √ done
Sewing of all of the rows on Iris Ann’s baby quilt has been completed, and she’s all layered for quilting. It seems like straight-line quilting following the triangle edges is quite fitting for this quilt and that will be tackled next week.
Before we could layer up the quilt, we had to take a test ride with the Iris Ann embroidery on the backing piece. Of course, a pretty turquoise Minky fabric with emerald green thread is our first choice for the test stitching. We called the test drive a success!
Another straight-line quilting project is the flowered fabric table runner. This is pretty much a similar replica to the table runner we made for my cousin’s friend, Dar. She was downsizing her home and had to give up a bunch of her fabric due to space limitations. We made her a table runner to welcome her to her new home, using fabrics that she loved.
As soon as Sue had all of the tracings finished on the Salem Witches panel number three last week, there are a few more steps before embroidery can begin. First, she had to color all of the shapes. Next, the shapes need to be ironed and blotted so that the wax doesn’t run. After that, we add a pre-washed muslin strip to the back of the panel using a long basting stitch. Sue removes those basting stitches as she adds the embroidery.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. We are focusing on finishing Iris Ann’s baby quilt. Our goal includes designing the quilt top, quilting it, and adding an embroidered name on the backing.
To-Do for the week of July 21st through 27th:
- Make more face masks
- Wrap up the quilting of Iris Ann’s baby quilt
- Start applique on a snowman table runner
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and hopefully finding some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!