To-Do Tuesday Linky #57 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 57th linky party post and the 177th weekly to-do list. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of September 1st through 7th:
- Celebrate Dominic’s birthday – √ done
- Celebrate Labor Day – a day off work! – √ done
- Pieces From the Past – Indian Star block – √ done
We had a great time celebrating Dominic’s birthday. It was a fun evening and we gave him his truck quilt for his big boy bed. We were thrilled with his spontaneous gesture of hugging the quilt when he opened it. We’re calling it a big win/win.
A day off work is a rare gem and we both enjoyed every second of Labor Day. We did some sewing, some reading, and extra time with Sue’s mom over coffee. On our third-quarter finish-along list is this snowman table runner that received a bit of attention. Up next is layering and then quilting although that can wait until the fourth quarter.
The Pieces From the Past sew-along that Melva is hosting is releasing another block later this week. Sue picked out the fabrics for me and I sewed it together in no time after checking the layout first.
Indian Star is the most recent block and pattern that we needed to finish this week so we’re all caught up.
Check out Melva’s website where she shares a letter her grandparent’s received after WWII from POW’s who had worked on their farm. The letters are true treasures of history.
To-Do for the week of September 8th through 14th:
- Get back to work on the red/white/blue runner
- Start appliqueing a flower runner for us
- Decide on the quilting design for Wonky
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Please do not share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!