Update Quarter Two – Set Quarter Three Goals
Today we’re sharing our quarter two 2020 Finish-A-Long finishes along with our quarter three goals. There are format changes for 2020 as it now requires linking up on Instagram. The hashtag for quarter two finishing is #2020FALQ2Finish, while the quarter three hashtags are #2020FALQ3List and #2020FALQ3Finish.
Quarter Two – Our List
Here are the items we have finished during the first quarter along with a brief description and link to the article with more details.
- Make a hexagon baby quilt – √
- T-shirt quilt for Sydney’s graduation – √
- Quilt the Dumbo baby quilt – X
- Make a big-boy quilt for Dominic
- Hand quilt Fall Autumn Leaf baby quilt
- Quilt the Dark Batik baby quilt – √
- Make charity quilts for Hands2Help – √√√√
- Make/quilt a giraffe growth chart – √
- Easter table topper – √
- Join in the Centred QAL and finish a quilt top – X
Quarter Two Finish-A-Long Update
This is the second year we join in on the fun of the Finish-A-Long. We shared our initial list for this quarter in April. At that time, I made the list much longer than the five items in quarter one. The act of stopping and making a list helps us focus and plan projects. Now, if I could ignore those
annoying squirrel temptations that keep arising we might really rock the productive world! Without further ado . . . how did we do?!!
Quarter Two Project Details – Woot Woot
- First up, a hexagon baby quilt has been made and gifted to Sue’s boss. Here’s a photo of it in Elliott Nicole’s room. Doesn’t it look nice against the dark teal wall?
- Next, Sydney’s t-shirt quilt is finished and has been delivered. We made this project our June One Monthly Goal (OMG) and were successful in completing it.
- An appliqued quilt has reached the quilt top stage for the Big Boy Bed quilt for Dominic. It has a truck theme and will match his curtains and bedsheets that Gamma got for him. Next quarter we’ll quilt it for him.
- Sue has been hand quilting the Fall autumn leaf quilt this quarter. Like the Dark Blue Batik quilt up next, it takes a while to hand quilt a piece even if it is baby quilt size. However, the enjoyment of the whole process makes it so worthwhile.
- The quilting of the Dark Blue Batik baby quilt has been finished and given away. It seems the pretty dark blue brings out the eyes on our newest great-nephew, Colt.
- Subsequently, Sarah’s Hands2Help drive spurred us to give four charity quilt locally. This was the tenth year Sarah has spearheaded this wonderful charity drive and this is one of the four quilts.
- The Zoe Giraffe Growth Chart for our littles was finished early in this quarter. Since I struggled with finding the incentive to sew, having a finish at all was a feat for me. While it was almost finished in mid-April, we had to wait for the special heart-shaped buttons to arrive. Each little has a unique color button to mark its measurement on Zoe!
- Last but certainly not least, three very cute bunnies adorn the Easter table topper that has been pieced this quarter.
We came up short on two of our ten goals. The timing of the Centred QAL came right in the throes of a no-interest-in-sewing time for me, unfortunately. That is a similar issue for the delightful little Dumbo quilt that is still awaiting quilting.
Quarter Three Goals – Five Like Quarter One
It’s like planning with the whole world as your oyster . . . what should we make?!
- Make a baby quilt for Iris Ann (commissioned for a coworker)
- Red, white, and blue table runner
- Tote bag using green African fabric block received from a friend
- Snowman runner for Nicole/Andrea
- Quilt the Wonky quilt
Quarter Three Goals Part II
Because five goals are just NOT enough . . .
- Summer table runner (for us!)
- Flowered fabric table runner
- Finish the Easter table runner
- Finish Dominic’s truck quilt
- Quilt the Dumbo baby quilt
In conclusion, I have shared all of these finishes on Instagram and shortly, I will list our third-quarter goals by the July 19th due date. Are you playing along on the quarterly finish-along? It’s just another list to widen our focus beyond our weekly To-Do and monthly OMG projects.
Join us each Tuesday for our hosted linky party called To-Do Tuesday. Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!