Weekly To-Do #26 – Half the Year!
This is our 26th edition of our to-do list. That means it has been half a year since starting this fun idea of a weekly to-do list!
To-Do Tuesday for the week October 2nd through 8th:
- Sew block #15 in the Grandma’s Kitchen QAL – √ done
- Sew sashing on animal panels – √ done
- Complete Garden Gate quilt top – √ done
- One square of Evening Star HSTs – √ done
Pat Sloan released the 15th block in her quilt along called Grandma’s Kitchen on Wednesday. This block is called Game Show & Soaps. We got a chance to work on the block on Saturday, and here is the results of our efforts:
Back to work on the animal panel project (there are two panels). One panel contains only eight blocks which would make for a very skinny quilt unless we add an additional block of our own. While we were on the little road trip last weekend, we found some cute fabric to add the additional block needed to make a quilt 3 x 3. We played around with the sashing widths to make it the size we wanted:
We did get the Garden Gate flimsy together. As I mentioned before, we didn’t add the sashing strips for columns. We don’t have the background fabric yet – this is outside the box for our normal wheelhouse patterns:
I had to conquer math again and this time we were much more successful that the Confetti quilt strip disaster. So, it turns out we need (8) – 2.75″ unfinished half-square triangles for each nine-patch, plus (4) 2.75″ squares for the cornerstone. HA – take that math! So what to you think of the white star with the darker blue background? I think it makes this nine-patch block (that is NOT one of our favorites) look halfway decent:
EXTRA: I got all the fat quarters ironed for the microwave cozies. We had a visitor Saturday when he was officially 5 weeks old. What do you think – will we need to make him his own Clark Cubs Quilt? I love this great-nephew:
The next move was to get that hat off – he hates wearing hats. ~smile~
October OMG Goal:
- Complete the Evening Star with the nine-patch center blocks. One block done – many more HSTs to go. Sue helpfully announced that we need 180. OMG – I have maybe 30 done.
To-Do October 9th through 15th:
- Sew block #16 in the Grandma’s Kitchen QAL
- Sew blocks #7 and #8 in I Wish You A Merry QAL
- Finish both animal panel quilt tops
- Complete a few more Evening Star blocks
- Attend a sweet boy’s baptism and spend Columbus Day babysitting ~smile~
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!