2018 Goals Recap and 2019 Planning Party
It’s time to take a moment and reflect. On the year that is almost over, and the new year about to start. Turning the page on the calendar is a monthly occurrence but going to a new year often means a new one. A chance to make some new goals and exciting plans!
Recap of 2018
Yvonne at Quilting JETgirl hosted a 2018 Planning Party that we participated in. Here is a short recap of our goals for 2018 along with an update on the goal.
- Participate in a blog hop or two: We actually participated in six blog hops. For many of them, we offered a free pattern. Here are the links in case you missed them: Put A Little Love Checkerboard Mug Rug, Stars Galore Mug Rug for Blog Hop, Christmas in July – Mug Rug Free Pattern, Tutorial – How to Make Our Mantle Quilt, and Pumpkin Harvest Blessing Door Hanging – Free Pattern
- I would like to continue to post blog messages 4-6 times per week: We have managed to meet this goal as approximately 270 posts or 5 per week have been shared so far in 2018. I love the schedule ahead feature!
- Regatta Quilt sew along starts January 1st: Our first sew along Final Update – Regatta Sew Along wrapped up at the end of June with 16 participants
- Start the Mystery Quilt Along January 1st hosted by Cindy and Tracy : We actually did two mystery QALs using some fun fabrics like Fluffer Nutter Table Runner and Tea Flowers herringbone quilt
- Four kits that I purchased from Craftsy: these four kits have not even been cracked open! I regret to say that I even purchased two more recently. I guess these will make excellent OMG goals for the beginning of 2019.
- The Postcard from Sweden quilt for my bed: has been gloriously finished and I am enjoying it very much. Every day I marvel at the beautiful colors.
- Get more comfortable using rulers and FMQ: This goal has been achieved but there is always room for improvement and learning. One of my favorite ruler work posts is Doll Quilt #2 with Ruler Work and most recently, FMQ has been done on Up From Here with Feathers and Sand. I find a lot of inspiration from other quilt bloggers!
We joined Quilting Gail to complete a PHD (projects half done) certificate. Unfortunately, we did not earn it but here is the list of our 12 UFOs that were all completed.
UFOs – All Wrapped Up
- Dr Seuss commission quilt all finished for Keri
- One of my favorites, Evening Star is all complete
- The second Animal Panel baby quilt has been enjoyed by GG and Dominic
- Quilt and bind Garden Gate
- Quilt and bind Love Quilt for Valentine’s Day blog hop
- Finish Grandma’s Kitchen QAL 20 blocks – made into three runners
- I Wish You A Merry QAL quilt is housed on the couch for the holiday season!
- The second ABC quilt is complete and for sale in our Etsy shop
- Our Jigsaw Puzzle baby quilt with lots of appliqué pieces will be finished before the end of the year and a pattern is also forthcoming
- Finishing the Delectable Dogsleds table runner that we purchased at a quilt shop in Juneau, Alaska a few (2011?) years ago was fun
- The Las Vegas Fall Leaves quilt that we bought the fabric for in Las Vegas ages ago is complete. I don’t even know when that was!
- The three hand quilting pieces were originally for a jacket. My taste in fabric has changed so instead they were made into Receiving Blankets
- Continue to participate in blog hops
- Post blog messages about 4-6 times per week
- Launch a new sew along in January and perhaps July
- Continue to practice and improve with FMQ
- Participate in our first Bee Hive
We are linking with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl for our 2019 Planning Party goals.
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or from our sidebar for more quilting fun. Check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your latest project there! We would love to see them. ~smile~