End of January Update on PHD UFO List
We have joined Quilting Gail in a quest to complete our PHD (projects half done) certificate! It won’t compare with Sue’s actual PhD by any means, but it will help us to get these 12 projects complete. Here is the list of our 12 UFOs with links showing the unfinished project or photos. This should work out to one finish per month, in theory anyway!
UFOs – 2018 Wrap Ups
- Dr Seuss commission quilt – complete in January 2018
- Quilt and bind the nine-patch Evening Star
- The second Animal Panel baby quilt needs to be quilted/bound – February hopefully
- Quilt and bind Garden Gate
- Quilt and bind Love Quilt for Valentine’s Day blog hop – February for sure!
- Finish Grandma’s Kitchen QAL quilt (only 20 blocks) – add sashing/borders, quilt and bind – 5 blocks made into a table runner – 15 blocks to go
- Determine the layout and finish the I Wish You A Merry QAL quilt (only 9 blocks) – add sashing or additional blocks, quilt and bind
- The ABC quilt will be completed. This includes piecing, sashing, quilting and binding (picture on the left)
- Finish up the jigsaw puzzle baby quilt. It has lots of appliqué pieces to be completed. A border will then be added followed by quilting and a binding.
- Finish the Delectable Dogsleds table runner that we purchased at a quilt shop in Juneau, Alaska a few (2011?) years ago. I think there might be a blue version of this fabric somewhere in our sewing fabric stash . . .
- Try to figure out what we are going to do with these four four-squares of Fall Leaves. We bought the fabric in Las Vegas so long ago that we don’t even remember when. We still like the fabric anyway!
- These panels were being hand quilted for a jacket. The fabric is lined with flannel, and the backing is a peach solid cotton. My tastes have changed since then, so I need to do something else with these. I don’t have a clue as to what though.
UFOs – Finishes
We will be very happy to have all of these 12 UFOs or PHDs finished by the end of 2018. It’s not as lofty of a goal as Gail’s 28 projects to-be-completed, but many have got a quite a bit to finish on them.
There’s that darn ABC quilt still hogging up the design wall corner. I have to get that OFF of it soon! Items 3, 5 and 6 are in process and are on the radar for February. How are you doing on your UFO list?
Our Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your latest project there! We love to see them. ~smile~