GK Grandma’s Kitchen Quilt Along – Pat Sloan
Pat Sloan’s newest quilt along called Grandma’s Kitchen (GK for short) started on Wednesday, June 28th. It is a lap size quilt when it is complete right before Thanksgiving. I have posted about it several times in the to-do editions #11 and #12. I will share a few details in case you aren’t aware of all the ongoing fun!
GK QAL Details
- Weekly from June 28, 2017 – November 22, 2017 and the theme is Grandma’s Kitchen
- The blocks will be pieced with a little appliqué, it’s a Mystery block each week
- Pat will give a layout, but not right away
- Pat doesn’t know yet if all the blocks will be 12″ or there might be 2 size blocks
- There will be about 20 to 25 blocks, Pat hasn’t decided yet
- This will be a lap size quilt
- It will end the day before Thanksgiving! (new Sew Along in Jan)
- a FQ bundle of 40 pieces or 2 layer cakes give you the same amount
- 1 yard of a stripe – she picked a green ticking stripe
- 1 yard silver gingham check
- 3 yards Bella white
We did found a fat quarter bundle we both liked that has 40 fabrics in it called Hopes Journey by Betsy Chutchian. It’s made by Moda and it has a rainbow of colors in it, all inspired from the 1830-1860s. We shave also found the ticking and checked material. It turns our we didn’t like the checked material, so I ordered a different one from MSQC along with the white fabric. Such decisions for the GK mystery quilt!
I had hoped to share this fabulous bunch of fabrics with you earlier but that ship has sailed. Here is the prettiness of Hopes Journey fabrics that will comprise our mystery lap quilt:
I guess I cut off the navys and blues in the picture above. The ticking, checked and white fabrics are also pictured above but we decided to use a different striped fabric. We just used the same fabric as a backing on the tutorial quilt. Here is the official Hopes Journey color swatch as well:
Ignore the quilting on this – the colors matched the bundle so well! That’s what it’s all about, right?!
GK Block 1 and 2
Now, it isn’t possible to add your finished blocks in the comments area here. Sue and I would LOVE to see your weekly block as we progress through this project. So, if you are playing along please check out our Facebook page and add a comment with your block picture. You know I will be sharing our progress in posts now and then, but I will certainly update FB more often.
A new block is released today! Woot woot – can’t wait to see what it looks like. ~smile~