Mid-year Recap on Goals & PHD-UFOs
Way back in December on a chilly evening, I wrote a post on where I hoped our quilting would head this calendar year as well as our blog. The post was shared on Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl‘s 2018 Planning Party. There are another 139 bloggers that also shared goals for 2018. I really don’t recall if it was chilly that evening, but since we live in the snowbelt in SE Wisconsin my assumption is that is was indeed chilly. What lofty goals did I set for us, and how are we doing as far as meeting them? I’ll bet you are just wondering now aren’t you?! Me too!
Quilting Goals Recap
- Regatta Quilt sew along starts January 1st and I hope to have it wrapped up in the first quarter
- We just posted a final recap of the Regatta finishes along with how our quilt ended up with my sister Carol
- Start the Mystery Quilt Along January 1st hosted by Cindy and Tracy – this has to be finished by March 31st
- We successfully completed the first mystery QAL as well as the second
- I shared a post just last week of the four kits I purchased from Craftsy. I would love to finish all four of those
- Sadly, neither of us has opened or looked at any of these kits!
- Sewing and quilting of Postcard from Sweden quilt for my bed
- It is finished and on my bed – I am enjoying it every night!
- Get more comfortable using rulers and FMQ
- I am definitely more comfortable using rulers, as I have quilted a few table runners exclusively with rulers, such as a Fluffer Nutter Table Runner
Blog Goals Recap
- Participate in a blog hop or two (February for sure and hopefully the next Virtual Cookie Exchange in 2018!)
- I would like to continue to post blog messages 4-6 times per week
- I have been fairly consistent with blogging posts
- Participate in the 2018 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop
- We were fortunate enough to be selected to participate, and here is our introduction post
Mid-year UFO and PHD Recap
I’m not going to bore you with a recap of our UFOs because nothing has changed since last month! If you are dying to know where we stand, here is a link to our May UFO PHD Update. My plan is to make number 4 on our UFO list up next. I don’t know if I have inspiration for how to quilt it. The flimsy has been together since October! Don’t you think it is about time that I find the inspiration somewhere?!
Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!