Quarter One Finish-A-Long 2020
Happy Birthday, Carol M. and Janice!! The quarter one 2020 Finish-A-Long has started already. Obviously, quarter one started fresh on January 1st. It also has some format changes for 2020 – it now requires linking up on Instagram. The linky parties of the past have been replaced with hashtags and tagging people with a “@”. #2020FALQ1List and #2020FALQ1Finish are just two of the hashtags you might be interested in for quarter one. I shared a brief IG tutorial last Friday on how to post more than one photo. Leave a comment if anyone would like to see more on this topic.
Quarter One Finish-A-Long List
This is the second year we join in on the fun of the Finish-A-Long. We shared our initial list back earlier this month. At that time, I kept the list rather short for us. I guess it was the pressure of having to type on my phone for IG. I much prefer typing on my laptop – the keys are bigger and so is the screen! The act of stopping and making a list helps us focus and plan projects. Now, if I could ignore those annoying squirrel temptations that keep arising we might really rock the productive world! Without further ado . . .
Quarter One – Our List
Here are the items we have chosen to finish during the first quarter.
- Secret baby quilt – can’t share too many details about this project, obviously
- Finish theGeo Star Plaid baby quilt
- Snowman topper – the second edition matching the first
- Blue table topper
- Blue table runner for my sister, Carol
Quarter One Project Details
See what I mean? Only five items for us to finish in three whole months? What on earth was I thinking, I ask myself. A few details about each project just to remind all of us where they stand.
- With a deadline of mid-February, we’ve started making a secret baby quilt. Just a few photos may have been shared on the down-low already on IG like this pressing shot. The red, white, and blue fabrics really could be for a Quilt of Valor project just as easily.
2. The Geo Star Plaid quilt started as a pattern tester project for Becca at Pretty Piney. We named this quilt top Geo Star Plaid and it was completed in June. It has just recently been quilted as I shared on Monday.
3. This fun project is for a friend and is the second Snowman table topper we’ve made recently. Sue’s sister is enjoying the first edition Snowman table topper, and the second edition is using the same fabrics.
4. The Blue table topper is similar to the one above, only . . . in blue! Here’s a peek at the fabric which has a nice sparkly twinkle to the stars.
5. The Blue table runner for my sister, Carol is technically finished but it wasn’t when I made the list. As a brainstorm project for the Winter Blues blog hop, I couldn’t foresee that ten days before when the list was posted. Carol will be receiving this gift on February 1st, so I’ll share her photo with the quarter one update.
Our Quarter One goals will be met quite easily and I’ll endeavor to make Quarter Two’s much more extensive.
Join us each Tuesday for our hosted linky party called To-Do Tuesday. Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!