Quarter One & Two Finish-A-Long Updates
Today we’re sharing our quarter one 2020 Finish-A-Long finishes along with our quarter two goals. There are format changes for 2020 as it now requires linking up on Instagram. The hashtag for quarter one finishing is #2020FALQ1Finish , while the quarter two hashtags are #2020FALQ2List and #2020FALQ2Finish.
Quarter One – Our List
Here are the items we have finished during the first quarter along with a brief description and link to the article with more details.
- Secret baby quilt – can’t share too many details about this project, obviously
- Finish the Geo Star Plaid baby quilt
- Snowman topper – the second edition matching the first
- Blue table topper
- Blue table runner for my sister, Carol
Quarter One Finish-A-Long List
This is the second year we join in on the fun of the Finish-A-Long. We shared our initial list back earlier this year. At that time, I kept the list rather short for us. I guess it was the pressure of having to type on my phone for IG. I much prefer typing on my laptop – the keys are bigger and so is the screen! The act of stopping and making a list helps us focus and plan projects. Now, if I could ignore those annoying squirrel temptations that keep arising we might really rock the productive world! Without further ado . . .
Quarter One Project Details – Woot Woot
See what I mean? Only five items for us to finish in three whole months? What on earth was I thinking, I ask myself. Each.and.every.one.of.these.are.complete!!
- With a deadline of mid-February, we’ve started making a secret baby quilt. Just a few photos may have been shared on the down-low already on IG. The red, white, and blue fabrics really could be for a Quilt of Valor project just as easily. But it was for a Cubs-themed baby quilt for the new baby that is expected in mid-March! It was handed over to the new parents-to-be at their baby shower.
2. The Geo Star Plaid quilt started as a pattern tester project for Becca at Pretty Piney. We named this quilt top Geo Star Plaid and the quilt top was completed last June. It has just recently been quilted and I am over the moon happy about how it turned out.
3. This fun project is for a friend and is the second Snowman table topper we’ve made recently. Sue’s sister is enjoying the first edition Snowman table topper. The second edition uses the exact same fabrics and it is for our friend, Laura.
4. The Blue table topper is similar to the one above, only . . . in blue! Also, it isn’t snowmen this time . . . it was a Penguin Table Topper with a 3D orange beak.
5. As a brainstorm project for the Winter Blues blog hop, we were happy to make this for my sister. Carol did receive this gift in February and I’m happy to share a photo of her with it.
Quarter Two Goals – Five Like Quarter One
It’s like planning with the whole world as your oyster . . . what should we make?!
- Make/quilt a Hexagon baby quilt for a June baby – we’ve just selected some fabrics for this baby quilt and have made it our April OMG project to complete the quilt top
- Make a graduation t-shirt quilt for Sydney – she gave us a bag of t-shirts for a quilt and we have begun sorting, cutting and working on a layout
- Quilt Dumbo baby quilt – this quilt is all layered and ready to go – I just need the time and ambition to get quilting it!
- Twin-size quilt for Dominic’s big boy bed – his ‘new’ drapes feature diggers and other large trucks so his twin-size quilt will include these as well
- Quilt Autumn Leaf quilt – it is layered and ready for Sue to get back to hand quilting it
Quarter Two Goals Part II
Because five goals are just NOT enough . . .
- Quilt the Dark Batiks baby quilt – this quilt top is another one that Sue is hand quilting
- Make/quilt charity quilts for Hands 2 Help – the details for this year’s charity event have just been released and we will be making a quilt or two
- Make/quilt a giraffe growth chart – to record the growth of our three great littles!
- Make an Easter table topper – we have some cute ideas for an Easter-themed table topper
- Participate in Centered QAL and finish a quilt top – finally, we are participating in our friend’s, Sandra, quilt-along
I have shared these finishes on Instagram and will list our second-quarter goals by the April 19th due date.
Join us each Tuesday for our hosted linky party called To-Do Tuesday. Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!