Second Sew Along – The Third Update
Our second sew along has been hopping and bopping along since July 1st. This is a no stress, no deadline, no prize sew along, just for fun. A vote back in early June determined there was no winner but there was a tie! Sew, all three patterns were the choices for this sew along.
Sew Along With One of These Patterns
- Tutorial – Up From Here Modern Quilt
- Here is second Tutorial – A Snowball ‘s Chance Quilt
- Tutorial – Triangle Quilt Free Pattern
Second Sew Along Participants
We were very lucky to have quite a few participants raise their hand to play along! Here they are along with their pattern choice. This update isn’t meant to pressure anyone into sewing their project either!!
- Liz Horgan – undecided but choosing between #1 and #3 (I think she told me #1 but I can’t find that message)
- Jan on Instagram is going to make #1
- Wendy from Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life is doing #1
- Farmquilter Susan/Sassy is also going to make #1
- Susan from DesertSky Quilting is also planning to make #1
- Lisa from Sunlight in Winter Quilts is contemplating fabrics for #1
- Cherie from Cherie’s Quilting Journey is started #3 – I love these colors together!!
- Connie may be making #1 unless she changes her mind and goes with #3
- Vasudha at Storied Quilts is also making quilt #3 from some Tula Pink fabrics
- Shirley cannot make up her mind yet but is joining in
Sew Along Finishes
Please take a few minutes and read the finishing stories – you won’t be sorry. How did they come up with these names, and how did they quilt these beautiful quilts?!! Some fabulous tips are shared – I am going to use Sandra’s pre-quilting idea for sure.
#1 Up From Here
- Karla’s also makes a pillow to match too at My Sewful Retirement
#2 A Snowball’s Chance
- Barbara is the designer of quilt #2 (how impressive is that?!). The new owner is Molly, Barbara’s niece. Also a close of the quilting done by Amy of Herding Cats Quilting.
#3 Triangles Quilt
- Tracy from It’s a T-Sweets Day – I just adore this sunny version
We Have a Flimsy At Last!
I am enjoying this no-stress, no-hurry QAL. By that I mean this project has been worked on now and then. No rush. Considerable thought has been given on how to quilt this project. A plan has been formed and a flimsy layered so all that remains is to quilt and bind. I just LOVE this backing fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. OMG!!
One Last Update Planned
A date on the December calendar has been chosen. One last formal update on this sew along. That doesn’t mean I won’t share updates as projects are finished in 2019! I will be happy to report and share them anytime. I hope you have enjoyed the sew along, both participating and reading about it. Next options for the new year third sew along haven’t been determined yet, but that could change in a moment. Suggestions welcome!!
Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!