To-Do Tuesday Edition #11
This is our 11th to-do edition. You would think we would have done a lot of sewing after being gone a week to Mount Rushmore. Not so much – we were tired from the drive, I guess. Here is last week’s to-do list which did involve some sewing:
To-Do Tuesday for the week June 20th – 26th:
- Gather all fabrics for the new Pat Sloan quilt-along – starts 6/28 – more details to follow – almost – we forgot the white fabric
- Work on the baby quilt for the tutorial – √
- Find the fabrics for two queen size quilts – we ARE doing this for sure – HAHA – √
- Figure out the issue with blue/gray quilt (uggggg!) – √√√√√ (it deserves several checks – HAHA)
We did find a fat quarter bundle we both liked that has 40 fabrics in it called Hopes Journey by Betsy Chutchian. It’s made by Moda and it has a rainbow of colors in it, all inspired from the 1830-1860s. We shave also found the ticking and checked material. I forgot all about the white fabric! Here are the details directly from Pat Sloan’s website:
The Project Details
- Starts June 28, 2017 – theme is Grandma’s Kitchen
- The blocks will be pieced with a little appliqué, it’s a Mystery block each week
- She will give a layout, but not right away
- She doesn’t know yet if all the blocks will be 12″ or there might be 2 size blocks
- There will be about 20 to 25 blocks, she hasn’t decided yet
- This will be a lap size quilt
- We will end in November 22, the day before Thanksgiving! (new Sew Along in Jan)
- a FQ bundle of 40 pieces or 2 layer cakes give you the same amount
- 1 yard of a stripe – she picked a green ticking stripe
- 1 yard silver gingham check
- 3 yards Bella white
Next week I’ll share our fabric, and link to the project website which will have the first block. I can hardly wait to get started! Maybe you will join us for a mystery lap size quilt?? We’d love it if you would!
We were able to get five rows of the quilt top together for the tutorial baby quilt. I’ve posted Part 1 last week, and Part 2 will post tomorrow. I think there will be five parts in all. Here’s a sneak peak:
We did indeed find all the fabrics for the next two queen size quilts. One will feature The Cubs bear slightly off-center, and the other will be the Pinwheel Fence Rail pattern that I shared a little while ago:
Here’s a sneak peak of us playing around with the bear cub layout. ~smile~
HA HA HA. That’s what I want to say to the blue/gray queen size quilt. It is no longer going to be the death of me. After ONE SQUARE in the middle of the column being trimmed by 1/4″ – row four went smoothly on. Really?? One quarter inch. I didn’t even want to celebrate the success in case of jinxing anything. All that remains is the border strip on the top and bottom of the piece, and it is ready to go to the quilters (Corner to Corner again, I hope if they are willing).
To-Do Tuesday starting June 27th:
- New Pat Sloan quilt-along starts 6/28 – follow the first week’s direction(s), share our fabrics and encourage you to join in (!!) Did I mention – I cannot wait!!
- Finish piecing the tutorial baby quilt
- Appliqué the Cubs cub on the quilt center
- Start sewing strips for the PRF (pinwheel rail fence) quilt
- Enjoy our village fireworks on July 3rd – VERY important!!
I’ll give you an update on these projects next Tuesday, July 4th. OMG – almost July! Time to pull out my flag hanging for sure. Look at all the room on the design wall – I’d better fill it up: