To-Do Tuesday Linky #1 & Weekly Progress Update
This is the 122nd edition of our weekly to-do list but the first one as a part of our own linky party here on our website. I hope you consider joining in!
To-Do for the week of August 5th through 12th:
- Find the backing fabric and add the borders to the Cind-erella quilt top – √ done
- Find the fabrics for the beehive block – √ ready to be sewn
- Choose the August monthly color block – √ done
Our August OMG project is to piece the Cind-erella quilt top together, and that has easily happened. We even found a nice princess fleece backing that features Cinderella and her princess friends. Our sweet Addison likes to rub soft fabrics on her cheek when she is putting herself to sleep, so we needed a nice soft fabric as the backing.
The August beehive queen bee is Sandy this month, and she selected the Tic Tac Toe block. Earlier this year we made this block January IG Honey Bees for Jan so this isn’t our first rodeo. Here are our fabric choices for Sandy and one of the blocks we sent to Jan.
Sandy requested a bright/lime green, an ocean blue and for the center “X” a combination of the two colors. Luckily, we had an Island Batik 10″ layer cake pack that fit the bill and Sandy approved. We will get it made next week and then mail it off.
Marigold is the color for the August monthly color block, and Sue pulled the fabrics for our block. We continue to use the Sand swiss dot fabric for the background.
Our August OMG (one monthly goal) is to complete the Cind-erella quilt top for Addison. We linked this goal on Patty’s Elm Street Quilts website and linky party. We just layered the quilt top. Now how should I quilt this puppy?!!? I got these new rulers . . .
To-Do for the week of August 13th through 19th
- Start quilting Cind-erella (once I figure out what to do)
- Dabble on the Quiet Book and other half-started projects
- Find something to work on that captures our attention (so the dabbling will end!)
- Watch the littles on my last Friday off before staff and students return – EEK
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post in the linky tool
- No links to your own linky party or giveaway, please
- Point your readers back here with a text link or use the button below
- Visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
Instructions: Select all code above, copy it and paste it inside your blog post as HTML
I would like to make the link-ups show in the post instead of going to a separate screen. Maybe when I am out of the trial period I can make changes. Beats me but stick with me – I’ll get it figured out. Maybe. ~smile~
Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!