To-Do Tuesday Linky #30 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 30th linky party post and the 150th edition of the weekly to-do list. Thanks to everyone who linked up with us last week. “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off,” wrote Gladys Taber.
To-Do for the week of February 25th through March 2nd:
- Figure out the March OMG – √ done
- Complete the second snowman topper – √ done
- Participate in Project Quilting 11.5, maybe – √ done
Well, here we are in March already . . . March 3rd, in fact. Time to select a new project for our One Monthly Goal (OMG) to link up on Patty’s Elm Street Quilts party. Now that our sweet boy is eating at the adult table, placemats just might be in order. On a quilt shop road trip in 2017, we picked up a pattern for animal placemats. Don’t you think it’s about time we made one or two?!
Accomplishing a completion of the second snowman table topper for a friend is one of the highlights of the week. Quilting was completed and then we popped it in the washer for washing followed by a stint in the dryer. It’s nice has a quilt squishy feeling. We’ll be sending this off to our friend shortly for it to start enjoying a new home. No melting is in its future! Here’s a closeup of the stippling pattern chosen for quilting in all of its after washing squishiness.
Oh, the dilemma! Should we participate in Project Quilting challenge 11.5? This one-week challenge is called “Do Small things with Great Love.” I do not think we have time to make a larger-sized quilt from start to finish in seven days. We’re sending encouraging vibes and applaud all that can get this complete within the seven days (or less) allowed for the challenge!
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her linky party which opened on the first. We are making a Farm Animal placemat or two for this month. Sue thinks we only need to make one but I say we have two greats in one house – they can’t share a placemat. Look for two!
To-Do for the week of March 3rd through March 9th:
- Pick out the fabrics for a hexie baby quilt
- Select fabrics for the third Pieces From the Past block (released on the 5th)
- Sticking with a theme – find fabrics for the OMG project(s)
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool (but don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway)
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link!
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!