To-Do Tuesday Linky #52 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 52nd linky party post and the 172nd weekly to-do list. It’s been a whole year since I took over Christine’s linky party last August. Thanks to everyone who linked up with and supported us over the last year. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of July 28th through August 3rd:
- Select an August OMG project – √ done
- Continue on the snowman runner – √ done
- Pick out fabrics for a red/white/blue table runner – √ done
It’s August already! On one hand, I say, how did that happen?? While on the other hand, I can’t help but think FINALLY. Egad. Twenty-twenty (can you just hear Barbara Walter’s voice? 20/20) is one long year so far. For our August one-monthly-goal (OMG) we are going to work on sweet Dominic’s big boy truck quilt. We have decided to add borders so it is comfortably big for a twin-size bed.
While we have continued working on the snowman runner, it did usher in some cooler weather. It was only 68 for the high temperature on Monday! Also, it did encourage slightly lower humidity and for that I say, thank you snowman. We return to regular summer weather tomorrow. This one is for Andrea – we have half of the colorful borders on.
Those tear-off papers on the back of the eyes have not been torn completely off. Do you think they will disappear when we wash the runner? I hope so . . . or I’ll be sorry. I didn’t want to pull on those flimsy decorative stitches.
Red, white, and blue fabrics . . . or maybe I should say red, natural, and blue. We will be making a nifty patriotic table runner using the sawtooth block. These fabrics just make me happy.
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. As mentioned above, Dominic’s big boy bed quilt is going to be our focus. We will add borders, layer, quilt, and bind for the win.
To-Do for the week of August 4th through 10th:
- Layer Dominic’s quilt
- Start sewing flying geese for R/W/B runner
- Sew a tote bag (!!)
- ** Note to self – don’t forget about the snowman runners!
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release – I didn’t think I’d have to say this but apparently, I do!
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Also, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as time allows
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and hopefully finding some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!