To-Do Tuesday Linky #59 & Weekly Progress Update
Join us for the 59th linky party post and the 179th weekly to-do list. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of September 15th through 21st:
- Continue working on the Flower Power runner – √ done
- Layer and quilt the Easter hexagon topper – √ done
- Start quilting Wonky Wonk – √ done
I wasn’t thrilled about making this runner at first but it has quickly become one of my favorite projects ever. Having been middle-school students for the original flower power of the 70s, these fabrics and flowers seem to be even better than I recall. We are definitely going to get this to the finished quilt top stage in the next week so I foresee more appliquéing in my very near future as it needs three more borders to be added.
Another quarter three project is the Easter hexagon table topper was a focus for this week. Happily, it is a quick and easy project to quilt and then bind. I’ll leave you with a peek at the quilting which is different in each separate area. In the center, I did a random small stipple while in the narrow borders a ribbon-ish stitch seemed perfect. Finally, in the wide outer border, I chose a simple loop-de-loop stitch. All three bunnies were left unquilted.
Wonky quilting seems just so fitting for the Wonky Wonk quilt, don’t you think? The quilting is going very quickly so this should be an easy finish by the end of the week. That will make for a sweet September OMG project completion as well as a quarter three finish. Woot woot!
Thank you to Patty’s at Elm Street Quilts and her monthly linky party. Our project this month is to layer, quilt, and bind the Wonky Wonk quilt. It is on target to be a finish.
To-Do for the week of September 22nd through 28th:
- Finish up the red/white/blue table runner
- Layer and quilt Andrea’s snowman runner
- Finish the next block in Melva’s Pieces From the Past SAL
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
I will do my best to visit your posts this week! You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and hopefully finding some inspiration.
The Linky Parties we join can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!