To-Do Tuesday Linky #60 and Weekly Update
Join us for the 60th linky party post and the 180th weekly to-do list. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of September 22nd through 28th:
- Finish up the red/white/blue table runner – √ done
- Layer and quilt Andrea’s snowman runner √ done
- Finish the next block in Melva’s Pieces From the Past SAL – √ done
The red/white/blue table runner is all complete and ready to be used. For the quilting we chose a per-programmed stitch on my Elna sewing machine. After enlarging the length and width of the stitch to the maximum, the actual quilting went very quickly. We finished the piece with a navy small star print.
Andrea’s snowman table runner is all complete and ready for her to start enjoying anytime now. Sue wanted this quilted with a straight-line stitch which I was happy to do. Thread by Missouri Star Quilt Company was used in Sunset Grey which has a slight purplish-hue to it. We thought that would less harsh on the black fabrics yet provide a little definition to the snowman faces.
We’ve been sewing along with Melva’s Pieces From the Past SAL since March. She just recently released the paper piecing Pine Burr block. I had the best of intentions of not only sewing this block but the alternate version as well. While all four sets of the necessary templates were printed on newsprint, it seems that our littles were fascinated with the paper. I took the crumpled and torn papers as a sign to not make the paper pieced version and instead, made two alternate blocks.
We could now sew Row 4 together but we’re not sure what fabric we’re using for sashing. Row 4 calls for block 5, 12, and 7 but block 7 gave me fits so we’re using two of block 12 instead.
We are fortunate to have finished our September OMG project which is the Wonky Wonk quilt. We shared all the details last Friday, and with the completion of this project we have been participating in Patty’s monthly linky party for three years now!
To-Do for the week of September 29th through October 5th:
- Determine the October OMG project
- Start working on the next snowman runner
- Start on something on the fourth quarter list
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Join the Inlinkz link party today! Click here for To-Do Tuesday #63
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!