To-Do Tuesday Linky #61 and Weekly Update
Join us for the 61st linky party post and the 181st weekly to-do list. Gladys Taber wrote, “Contentment is a list with half of it crossed off.”
To-Do for the week of September 29th through October 5th:
- Determine the October OMG project – √ done
- Start working on the next snowman runner √ done
- Start on something from the fourth quarter list – √ done
For our October OMG project, we’ve decided to have me quilt our Flower Power table runner. I found inspiration for the quilting of this piece on Rebecca Grace‘s blog and a panto photo she shared called Daisies Galore. It is basically a five-petal flower with a loop or two before starting another daisy.
Andrea’s snowman table runner is complete and now we’re starting on a similar yet different colorway for Nicole (Colt’s mom). She had more specific input into the fabric choices for her runner, most notably in the border fabrics. Her four snowmen are all appliqued – now I’ll start working on those borders! I like the three Buffalo plaid fabrics making an appearance.
Making our fourth quarter list for the Finish Along really pumped me up (we’ll share the list tomorrow)! I’m excited to make everything we’ve included and had a hard time choosing one project to start on beyond the snowman runner. The six International Sisters that Preeti sent us we’re calling out our names, and we listened.
Sue went through our stash and picked out backgrounds and skin tone choices for 19 Sisters. Together we then matched up all the different possible combinations and now I’ll get to work on our first Sister. The six Preeti sent us are hanging out on the design wall, waiting their to turn shine in a quilt. Soon, we whisper. Very soon.
As mentioned above, we are going to finish off our Flower Power table runner as our October One Monthly Goal project. Our thanks go to Patty at Elm Street Quilts for hosting this monthly linky party.
To-Do for the week of October 6th through 12th:
- Make our first International Sister block
- Find fabric for a herringbone table runner
- Start cutting fabrics for a light blue 9-patch
Here is the linkup and just a few easy rules to follow:
- Share your post or Instagram photo in the linky tool
- Don’t share a link to your own linky party or giveaway or promotion for your newest pattern release
- Please point your readers back here with a text link or use the button from the right sidebar
- Finally, please visit and comment on other participants’ messages as your time allows
Join the Inlinkz link party today! Click here for To-Do Tuesday #61
You will find the link-ups displayed on a separate screen. I hope you check them out and/or add your own link! I’m looking forward to seeing what everyone else has made this week and finding some inspiration.
On our website you’ll find the Linky Parties we join on the sidebar for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!