Upcoming Projects – Clearing Out the Stash
When I first learned about the daily special at MSQC (Missouri Star Quilt Company), I pretty much purchased something every week. If not more frequently than that. I have slowed down quite a bit now . . . mostly because we have a lot of to-be-worked on projects. Here are a few things we hope to get out of the dresser, so to speak (they are stored there)!
Stash Busting Projects
- 12 – Microwave cozies – we have a whole bolt of the special batting for these (!!) and they need to be complete and sent to my sister-in-law by Thanksgiving. Here is the last one I made from fabrics my sister-in-law picked out to match her kitchen:
- We just recently started a Princess quilt, and it turns out we have four charm packs exactly the same. Four Princess quilts! I guess I really wanted to have Cinderella and Belle. What can I say?! Here is the first top that we are embroidering hearts in the white squares. Any suggestions on how to quilt the patterned blocks?
- Now that we have Dominic in our lives, we are making a boy-themed quilt. The layout is going to be very similar to the princess quilt above. I would love to quilt some footballs or something like that in the white squares. Any quilting suggestions? I just love the plaids and stripes:
- We have a few panels that I want to get made and on the books. We picked these up on some of our road trips with Carol and Ken. The last one with the Paris fabric is for Sue’s bedroom:
Projects – Possible Additional Purchase Needed
- We also found this cute little panel while in Phoenix, and I think it will be just perfect for Dominic in a year or so. It has roads and a lake with boats – I’m going to start picking up Matchbox cars so we can roam around this little village. There are also additional segments to make the village bigger:
- I want to make a quilt for my own bed. I am thinking of using this square from the Grandma’s Kitchen quilt along – or making a sampler of blocks that I love. What would you do?
- Last but not least, we need to make Dominic his own stocking for Christmas. His parents have matching ones in a red- or green-dotted pattern with a cross stitch cuff. I will be fashioning our own pattern since those are no longer made by Charles Craft any longer. That will need to be complete by Thanksgiving or so – whenever they put their tree up for the holidays. I will have to find the perfect fabric!
I think these projects should help clean out our stash a bit, and allow us room for new projects!
Our Linky Parties page shows our quilting friends’ websites – see what they’re up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and share your latest project or what you’re working on! We would love to see. Thank you!