Update Quarter-Three – Set Quarter-Four Goals
Today we’re sharing our quarter-three 2020 Finish-A-Long completions along with our quarter-four goals. The format changes for 2020 are that it now requires linking up on Instagram. The hashtag for quarter-three finishes is #2020FALQ3Finish, while the quarter-four hashtags are #2020FALQ4List and #2020FALQ4Finish. It is amazing that we are finally turning our attention to the last three months of 2020. It’s been quite the start to a new decade.
Quarter-Three – The List
Here are the items we were to focus on during the third quarter. Later, I’ll share more details and a link to the post with more details.
- Make a baby quilt for Iris Ann (commissioned for a coworker) – √ done
- Red, white, and blue table runner – √ done
- Tote bag using green African fabric block received from a friend – √ done
- Snowman runner for Nicole/Andrea – √ done
- Quilt the Wonky quilt – √ done
- Summer table runner (for us!) – √ done
- Flowered fabric table runner – √ done
- Finish the Easter table runner – √ done
- Finish Dominic’s truck quilt – √ done
- Quilt the Dumbo baby quilt – not done again
Quarter-Three Finish-A-Long Update
This is the second year we join in on the fun of the Finish-A-Long. We shared our initial list for this mid-year list back in July. The act of stopping and making a list helps us focus and plan projects. Without further ado . . . how did we do?!!
Quarter-Three Project Details – Woot Woot
- First up, a baby quilt for Iris Ann got checked off as done in July. Made completely with half-rectangle triangles it has Minky on the back so it’s nice and soft for the baby.
- We had a red/white/blue table runner that was absconded by Sue’s sister so we were forced to make another. Too bad we didn’t put it on the second quarter list as that would have been more seasonally suitable. Thankfully, we were able to replicate it and quickly make another. Now it can be enjoyed as a Veterans Day accompaniment.
- A friend sent us this pretty green block, made using fabric she had received from Africa. It was special in so many ways and I wanted to use it in a way that highlighted the block as well as being useful. I think this simple tote fits the bill.
- Happily enough, this snowman runner is a table runner that we enjoy making. We’ve made one version that is very similar to this for ourselves. This one is for Andrea when she moves to her bigger home someday soon. We still have one more to make in the fourth quarter. However, the enjoyment of the whole process makes it so worthwhile.
- The quilting of the Wonky Wonk quilt is now finished. It was rather easy to decide to quilt it using a rather wonky wavy quilting design. I’m not sure where this quilt will end up but I hope someone feels the love and care that’s been stitched into it.
- A summer-ish table runner for us is sorely needed. It seems we have a snowman runner and an apple one but nothing appropriate for the summer months. Thankfully, we were able to devote some time to this pretty that I’m calling Flower Power. Next quarter, I’ll work on quilting it since there’s no big rush.
- We’ve made a few of the flowered table runners after the first one, made for my cousin’s friend Dar. Dar was downsizing from her home to an apartment and gave us some fabric. We thought it would be nice to make her a table runner from her fabrics as a thank you gesture. After that, we’ve made an exact replica for Sue’s mom as a birthday present. It fits perfectly on her coffee table in her living room. Yippee.
- Up next, three very cute bunnies adorn the Easter table topper that has been pieced last quarter. While there isn’t really a rush to finish it, we didn’t want to forget about it either. Since this piece has already found a home with Sue’s sister, her vote was nothing more was needed. Okay with us!
9. Almost last is to finish Dominic’s big boy bed truck quilt was the next project for the third quarter and it has been completed. Thankfully, just in time for his third birthday and the party that we celebrated. We even had the pleasure of seeing him hug his new quilt.
10. Finally, quilt the Dumbo baby quilt. This task has been a carryover from the last quarter and possibly the quarter before that. We had made two other versions prior to this and I’ve enjoyed making and quilting them.
We came up short on one of our ten goals. What is the issue for the delightful little Dumbo quilt that has it still awaiting quilting?
Quarter-Four Goals – Five Just Like Last Quarter
It’s like planning with the whole world as your oyster . . . what should we make??
- Complete snowman table runner for Nicole
- Make an International Sisters quilt top
- Make a herringbone floral table runner
- Quilt and finish Flower Power
- Make a quilt from the 2020 monthly challenge blocks
Quarter-Four Goals Part II
Because five goals are just not enough!
- Make an Alaska table runner
- Make a Pinwheel Party baby quilt
- Design a Santa table topper
- Quilt the Dumbo quilt (a poor carryover from quarters one, two, and three)
- Sew a light-blue batik 9-patch baby quilt top
In conclusion, I have shared all of these finishes on Instagram and shortly, I will list our fourth-quarter goals by the October 18th due date. Are you playing along on the quarterly finish-along? It’s just another list to widen our focus beyond our weekly To-Do and monthly OMG projects.
Join us each Tuesday for our hosted linky party called To-Do Tuesday. Our other Linky Parties can be found by clicking the link above or along the sidebar on our website for more quilting fun – check out what our friends are up to. Like/follow us on our Facebook page and you can share your photos of what you’re working on. We would love to see them!